Sunday, July 22, 2007

My IT Experience (2)

As I said in my previous post: “I was working with Idiots”

Another problem I had was the fact that I was working with complete idiots!

The CEO’s secretary just could not understand how to save a doc onto her stiffy drive. (Yes they are still using stiffy drives…) It was part of my responsibilities to run up to her office every time she had to save a doc onto her A: JUST UNBELIEVABLE!

The company secretary, an old man of almost 70, had no idea what an email is. He had never used the internet at all! Al his email were routed to my email address and it was part of my daily routine to print his emails and give it to him. He would then respond to it on paper and them I had to reply to his emails!

Hahaaa, a network engineer having to be the company’s secretary, secretary! That’s scary if you knew that I was working for a bank’s head office!

I had no job satisfaction at all! There were no IT training at that place because senior management believed it was totally unnecessary to upgrade any computer equipment! They told me that there were no plans to for new technology, meaning that there was no need for any further IT training.

I made use of the internet to get further online IT education especially computer network training. Thinking back now, with all my current problems, I definitely don’t want to go back there.

I enjoy growing my oyster mushrooms much more than working with idiots.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home